JaRoD's Blog

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Oblivion performance

I've been busy lately with oblivion and other stuff so that's why I haven't been posting. I bought oblivion as soon as if came out and I also got a nVidia 7600GT card to replace my old 6600GT. But even that card isn't really enough to play with most options on high and at high resolution. I run with most options on highest and at 1280x1024 and with HDR. I would run at 1024x768 but HDR looks so much better running at a higher resolution. I fps is usually 20-40 but in fights outside or in some special situations the fps can go down to lower than 15 and that's painful...

TweakGuides.com's oblivion tweak guide.

Firingsquad oblivion benchmarking

Seems like one needs a nVidia 7900GT or better to run oblivion at really high quality. And it seems like ATI cards are a little bit better at running oblivion but it's probably not a good idea to buy an expensive high end card now. 65 nm cards will probably come out in autum/winter.

There's alot of quests and caves in oblivion. Even walking along a road it's possible to find caves and ruins to investigate and loot of course ;) Running in the forest there's even more to find and you don't have to travel far to find something either. And later on oblivion gates start popping up like crazy too.

And last but not least a link to lots of oblivion mods

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home